- July 9, 2021
- Posted by: Jake Cubbage
- Category: Interesting Articles
Why You Should Invest In A Garden Office ?
With working from home the new normal for many in the post-covid landscape, finding a designated office space which is free from distractions of home-life in high demand. So investing in a Garden Office is the perfect solution.
Garden Offices are a cost effective solution to this as most of our Garden Offices cost between £8000 and £13000 depending on what specifications requested on the Garden Office, this may seem expensive compared to a mere garden shed but you get more for your money such as:
- More Office Space
- Fully Lined And Insulated
- High Quality
- Pre-Fitted With Electrics, Heating and Lighting
- Can Be Fitted With Bathroom And/Or Kitchen Facilities
- Air Conditioning
- Customisable With External Cladding Options
- Low Maintenance
Why Buy Over Building From Scratch ?
There are many reasons why buying a pre-made office cabin is better than building one yourself from scratch and here is a list of why that is:
- You Don’t Need To Have DIY Skills To Purchase A Garden Office But Will Do To Build From Scratch
- Timing As Completing One From Scratch Will Take A Full Week’s Work In Dry Weather To Complete
- Have To Source Materials and Tools Yourself In What’s Needed For The Job
- Buildings Are Built By Professionals In Portable Buildings To Factory Standards
- Fitting Plumbing & Electrics To Your Office Will Require Hiring A Plumber & Electrician
- Connecting Electricity To The Office Will Required Armoured Cable Run From The House To Power If Built Yourself
Can I Claim VAT Back On A Garden Office ?
You can claim back VAT on a Garden Office provided you are VAT registered.
This is done by registering your business on HMRC if your VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000. If your not registered however once you register you can claim back for 4 years prior to the effective date of your VAT registration. This is no different if you are a LTD company or a sole trader the process is exactly the same.
If you purchase one of our Garden Offices privately not for a business then you cannot claim back the VAT of the cabin.