Brick Slip Cladding
What is Brick Slip ?
Brick Slips are essentially a tile that looks like a brick and are a great way to replica a brick finish with cladding.
Creating Brick Slip
Created using either of the following
- Fired in ovens, just like conventional bricks
- Sliced off the face of standard-width bricks which is most common
Fired brick slips are cheaper, but offer a limited variety of options.
Brick Slip Characteristics & Qualities
- Space Saving – Brick slips are thin and ideal for giving an existing facade a fresh new look . When compared with full facing bricks, you can quickly reduce the wall thickness by 8 cm with brick slips. This gives you more room for insulation
- Wide Range – Not just having access to cut brick slips but also have contemporary and complete range of even smarter and sustainable ECO brick slips
- Easy To Install – Brick slips are installed much faster than full bricks and all without additional modifications to windows and doors
- Looks Genuine – Once complete you can barely distinguish them from a traditional brick wall
- Combined With Insulation – Brick slips can be bonded straight on to insulation panels
Brick Slip Uses
Used in a variety of ways Internally and Externally. In the UK they are used in a variety of different areas to match the appearance of standard bricks in extensions, walls. cabins and much more. They can seamlessly transform the aesthetic appearance of your cabin both inside and out, and its evident to see why that is.
The allure of a brick wall is unique, but using Brick Slips as the material of choice over the traditional brick has become more and more popular over the years as they are a cheaper easily manageable alternative to the standard brick walls and can be installed almost anywhere such as:
- Feature Walls – One popular use of brick slips is in feature wall cladding. Brick slips come in a wide variety of colours, designs and textures, even mimicking the aesthetic of glazed bricks and Terracotta Faience. They can blend with almost any existing decoration, with feature walls proving great opportunities to experiment with different decors.
- Renovations – As an alternative to conventional brick and block construction, brick slip wall cladding is quick and easy by comparison. They are easy to install on existing external or internal wall cladding, providing a simple way to renovate a building into a visually stunning piece of architecture. Installing brick slips can make a massive difference to a business or public building
- Outbuildings – These types of buildings make great additions to commercial spaces. Using a brick slip system to create a rustic appearance would add some character to contemporary architecture. External brick slips are superb, available as multi or plain and in a variety of finishes such as Glazed Brick, Long Format Brick, Stock Brick, Wire-Cut Brick, Water-Struck Brick and Handmade Brick