- June 8, 2021
- Posted by: mike
- Category: ARCHITECTURE & INTERIOR, Cabins and Containers News and Blog, News
A Logistical Approach To Security
March 2021 A New Bespoke Security Hut Was Installed at DHL Heathrow
DHL Express UK in 2017 completed a brand new South East operations and Head Office close to Heathrow Airport.
The 150,000 square foot facility was developed by Airport Property Partnership, a joint venture between SEGRO and Aviva Investors.
The facility is home to 750 employees and manage DHL express shipments for the South East of England, with sorting machinery optimised efficiency and 24/7 operations. To cater for the rapid rise of international shipping and e-commerce, which can handle up to 28,000 items per hour. So with a large operation like this it needs a security hut to protect the business 24/7.
Our Security Cabins
All of our security huts are manufactured in the UK from British steel and come in 3 standard sizes;
- 4ft x 6ft
- 6ft x 6ft
- 8ft x 6ft
Complete with robust steel construction flat-sided external finish painted with high grade external paint in any colour you like.
As standard all security huts come with Windows, Lined and insulated internally, With Lighting, Heating and Electrics and designed to be plug and play to be used as soon as it appears on site.
The Specs Of The Cabin
The New Security Hut Bespoke cabin is 8ft x 6ft with the following features:
- Painted Externally with DHL Yellow
- 880mm Steel Security Door With Vision Panel
- 2050 x 1250 mm double glazed powder coated aluminium fixed window
- 1450 x 1250 mm double glazed powder coated aluminium fixed window
- 1450 x 1250 mm double glazed powder coated aluminium FOV window
- Consumer Unit
- Inlet Box
- Double Sockets
- Bulkhead Light
- Wall Mounted Heat/Cool Air Conditioning
- 60 mm Glass Fibre Insulation To Walls And Ceilings
- 18 mm Plywood Floor With 2 mm Vinyl Covering, Lined-Internally With Vinyl-Faced Plasterboard With Plastic Trims
- Forklift Pockets and 4 High Level Lifting Points